This job is no longer accepting applications.
Exciting opportunity to join a busy, well-established clinic as a Senior Veterinarian.
- Fantastic opportunity for a step up
- Clinical role working closely with the Lead Veterinarian
- Work-life balance, 35 hours per week with no after-hours
PETVET Lower Hutt veterinary clinic is based in Wellington, New Zealand. Lower Hutt is a riverside city and is an outdoor lover’s haven with nature at your doorstep. With the capital city only a 15-minute drive away you can have the best of both worlds! Take a food tour to discover the culinary delights that Wellington has to offer. To find out more about this amazing location, please visit www.newzealand.com/int/lower-hutt/
We have recently moved into a purpose built 400m2 clinic with a spacious ultrasound suite, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one nonsterile theatre. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base from clinics throughout Wellington, the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa.
We offer exceptional veterinary care delivered in the form of:
- A residency trained (fellowship credentialed) Veterinarian running the referral surgical service.
- An in-house feline medicine specialist, and a referral dental service at our sister clinic.
- Full & Part time Veterinarians experienced in everyday Veterinary care.
- Graduate Veterinarians mentored by our experienced team to ensure sustainability.
- Valued nurses unparalleled in their commitment & expertise.
- A supportive and Efficient Administration team
As we continue to grow, our clinic is looking for an experienced Veterinarian to take on the role of a Senior Veterinarian. This role will be approximately 35 hours per week. We are closed on Sundays and Public holidays.
Work - life balance is important to us! PETVET has no after-hours as there is a dedicated after-hours clinic in Wellington. Salary is competitive and we want you to be happy with what we can offer. If leadership is an area of interest, this is a fantastic opportunity to step up into a role where hands-on support is provided.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc (or its equivalent) and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience
- Development of a special interest / skill (imaging, medicine, oncology, surgery etc)
- An interest in leadership
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- There is the opportunity to be involved in the Police Dog Breeding Centre whelping service if desired. (with generous remuneration)
For further information, please visit http://www.petvet.net.nz/
What makes us different?
We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Veterinary Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please contact Jwan Kattan, Recruitment Team Leader, via email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.