Full Time Mixed Practice Veterinarian
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Full Time Mixed Practice Veterinarian Required - Waitomo District, New Zealand
- Great work-life balance, 1 in 6 roster and no Saturday clinics
- Competitive salary package based on experience and level of responsibility taken on, including a generous CPD allowance
- Supportive team environment and excellent support staff
Join our independent and privately owned, pet-friendly, 6 vet practice and become part of a team who works closely together to provide optimum services for the clients in our community. Our staff assist us when we employ new team members, to ensure we continue to have a cohesive team who are like-minded, share core values and who are passionate about high standards of veterinary care. Staff health, safety and wellbeing are paramount to us and we have a relaxed, happy team and environment.
We operate out of two purpose-built clinics in Piopio & Te Kuiti, set in the stunning green rolling limestone country of the Waitomo District. We service approximately 1500 working dogs along with over 1000 companion animal clients, over 25,000 dairy cows and 260 sheep, beef and dairy support farms.
You will be able to draw on the experience of a practitioner who is a Member of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists-Diagnostic Imaging and learn from a practice that performs most of its orthopaedic case load, but is happy to refer when necessary. We have digital radiography and ultrasound in each clinic.
We encourage a good work life balance, and our young vets enjoy a wide range of sports and social gatherings outside of work. Trekking and biking trails, beaches, hunting, fishing, Waitomo Caves, Lake Taupo, Hobbit filming site, mountains, Hamilton and New Plymouth are all a short drive away. We will assist you to find suitable accommodation within the community.
We are looking for:
- A practical person who enjoys large animal practice, understands farm systems and is a confident communicator with our farm clients.
- Someone who has empathy and the experience to be confident and competent working independently with all the major aspects of small animal practice.
- Someone who fits in well with our team and who is genuinely interested in developing their skills as an excellent mixed practice clinician to take advantage of our varied and interesting case load. An interest in ruminant parasitology would be an advantage.
If you would like to know more, or to apply, contact our Acting Practice Manager Robyn Muller on 021 2947803 or email email@example.com
See our website http://www.piopiovets.co.nz/
Your application has been successfully submitted.