Experienced Veterinarian - 6 month parental leave cover
National Veterinary Care
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Veterinarian to join our wonderful team and contribute to our busy clinic on a maternity contract!
- Join a strong team in beautiful Palmerston North
- Purpose built Companion Animal Practice
- 6 month maternity contract with a Potential to go permanent
Palmerston North, home to Massey University, is a vibrant, youthful city set at the foot of the Tararua Mountain Range, with forested hills and native bushland. Our location surrounds offer majestic gorges, rugged beaches, sweeping mountain ranges and glow worm caves, all accessible within one day. And then there’s the coffee, golf by cable car, boutique shopping, and street art! For more information on our stunning location, please visit https://www.manawatunz.co.nz/loved-by-the-locals-palmerston-north/
At Pet Doctors Palmerston North, we have a team of four Vets, six Nurses, two support staff members and two cattery attendants. We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of care and exceptional customer service. Our clinic cat, Blackie, keeps the dogs in line and is very good at fooling team members into believing she has not been fed.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Veterinarian to join our wonderful team and contribute to our busy clinic! We are ideally looking for someone who has an interest in leadership. This is a 6-month maternity contract with a potential to go permanent.
Being part of National Veterinary Care means we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand including a Veterinary Advisory Committee that champions high Standards of Care throughout our clinics
- Industry leading professional development programs
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our National Veterinary Care clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- A minimum of 5 year’s practical experience with Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent.
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Preferably an interest in some leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
For more information please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/palmerston-north and www.nvcltd.com.au
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of nearly 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through keeping our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions and through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD for our teams in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge, or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Jwan Kattan, Recruitment Specialist, via firstname.lastname@example.org to Apply Now.
This position offers a negotiable base salary range of $80,000 - $110,000 (pro rata for part-time), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience. Whilst NVC seeks to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.