This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stoke Veterinary Hospital is located in Stoke, Nelson. Nelson is a vibrant seaside city that offers fantastic beaches, amazing food, an active arts community and access to some of the most spectacular National Parks in New Zealand. It’s a location for everyone and a magnet for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers offering incredible beaches nestled against the northern end of the Southern Alps.
The Stoke Hospital has been servicing the Nelson community for the past 30 years in our purpose-built facility on Songer Street. We are proud to support the local and wider community with all their families companion animal needs.
Our team are very experienced, highly skilled and many came specially to live in this fantastic area of NZ to access all that the great outdoors and Nelson’s relaxed lifestyle and climate has to offer -work life balance is important to us! Our team are focussed on delivering high standards of medical and surgical care and excellence in client service.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Full-Time Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team. We are looking for someone with the energy and drive to make a real difference, with a commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care, along with a great team spirit.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Relocation allowance, if applicable.
- A light After Hours roster and excellent work-life balance
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian with at least 4 years’ experience in a Companion Animal practice
- Strong surgical skills to support our experienced medical team
- Orthopaedic skills are desirable
- A commitment to provide exceptional patient standards of care and go the extra mile for our clients and patients.
- Ability to work as a part of a highly functional team as well as be confident to work independently when needed.
- Exceptional communication and client relationship building skills.
For further information, please visit https://stokevets.co.nz/
Who is National Veterinary Care?
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through keeping clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions and through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Please contact Jwan Kattan, Recruitment Specialist, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position offers a negotiable base salary range of $70,000 - $100,000 (pro rata for part-time), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience. Whilst NVC seeks to source applicants who meet the above criteria and skill set, alternative applicant’s may still be considered. In these cases, the base salary is subject to change to suit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.