This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Fantastic lifestyle location (Provincial Canterbury)
- Supportive leadership team
- Established pharmaceutical business
Our client is an established, dynamic biotechnology company that manufactures a range of products including raw materials, API intermediates, vaccines and other biological products for diagnostic, research, human pharmaceuticals and veterinary use. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an expert microbial fermentation scientist to join their research and development team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the further development of our fermentation capability and new customer projects; performing feasibility studies and creating/optimising or adapting processes to take new products from pilot to commercial manufacturing scale.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- a PhD/MSc in chemical/biochemical engineering or biotechnology (or other relevant field)
- 5 years+ commercial experience in bio-processing and microbial fermentation process development and optimisation
- experience independently designing and executing experiments to enhance protein expression in microbial systems
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and effectively meet multiple deadlines
- excellent practical and positive problem-solving ability
- experience working in a cGMP environment
- a practical approach
- the ability to see the bigger picture, but also possess a strong attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with a range of people at all levels
- excellent verbal and written communication
- the ability to work under pressure.
- experience with Ph. Eur./USP test methods (or similar)
- a strong work ethic
We need someone professional, efficient and task focused to take a leading role in this area as our business grows. The role is a full-time permanent position based in the South Island. A full driver’s licence is essential. This is a rare opportunity to combine a lifestyle location with career development and with a competitive salary. Please note: This position is based in provincial Canterbury
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 0800 171 000 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.