Vet Nurse - Part-time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Healthcare & Medicine
- Vets / Vet Science
- Wellington City
PetVet Lower Hutt is a busy referral veterinary clinic located in Lower Hutt, Wellington. Our mission is to provide our clients and their pets with excellent veterinary service and quality pet products while delivering superior veterinary skills, technology and advice within a friendly caring environment.
We are looking for a Part-Time Veterinary Nurse to join our passionate team for around 16 hours per fortnight (8 hours every Monday) with availability to pick up more shifts.
We seek an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who thrives in a team environment!
This opportunity would be perfect for a Vet Nurse wanting to get back into the industry!
What we are looking for:
- Certificate, Diploma or Vet Tech qualified veterinary nurse preferably with 2 years clinical experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of high standards of patient care
- Proven team player capable or working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have ability to multitask and demonstrate attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy, drive and flexibility
- Anaesthetic monitoring
- Post operative monitoring
- In-house laboratory testing
- Hospital patient care
- Collecting blood samples
- Placing IV catheters
- Administering medications
- Nurse consults
- IV fluid administration
What we are offering:
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals.
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please apply online with your CV!
Your application has been successfully submitted.