This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mog and Dog Desexing Clinic Whangarei started in December 2020 to help reduce the unwanted litters in Northland. We currently function two days a fortnight (Friday & Saturday) with the view to increase to weekly. We are a surgery only clinic and do not see any patients for consultations.
Qualifications & experience
- DVN, BVetTech or equivalent.
- Confidence in induction, monitoring and recovery of general anaesthesia in dogs and cats (intravenous injections and catheterisation, subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, intubations).
Tasks & responsibilities
- Be a part of a team of three nurses who run the day from start to finish, anaesthetising, prepping, and recovering dogs and cats in for routine desexing.
- Theatre duties ie packing and autoclaving kits ready for the next surgery day.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a veterinary nurse?
- How many years' experience do you have as a perioperative / surgical nurse?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Your application has been successfully submitted.