Junior Research Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
School of Economics and Finance
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens, New Zealand Residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
Nau mai haramai ki Te Kunenga ki Purehuroa, ko Te Au Rangahu e mihi atu nei, e karanga atu nei te Kura Whai Pakihi.
Massey University is a Tiriti-Led University with major campuses located in Palmerston North, Auckland (at Albany) and Wellington and is New Zealand's pre-eminent provider of distance education.
With a comprehensive programme of teaching and research and specialisations in the areas of agri-food, innovation, creativity and design, we have many strengths including New Zealand's only faculty of veterinary science. Massey has a reputation for its pragmatic approach, its outreach, respect for quality and its belief in creating capacity for scholarships to flourish.
Te Au Rangahau is based within the Massey Business School (Te Kura Whai Pakihi) at Massey University. Te Au Rangahau (translating as 'a pathway to Māori research in business') aims to advance business and leadership knowledge that benefits the Māori economy.
We conduct collaborative research across disciplines, institutions and borders on indigenous entrepreneurship, innovation, and enterprise in multiple sectors, sites and scales, including the Māori economy, Māori agribusiness, Māori tourism and Māori innovation.
We have two Research Officer roles available as fixed-term positions of 15 months and they will contribute to our ambition to deliver world-leading research, conducted in partnership with Māori, industry and communities we serve.
You could be based anywhere in NZ, but the location in Manawatu or Waikato-Auckland regions would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will provide high-quality research support to Te Au Rangahau to help them achieve a programme of research that reflects the needs of both our national and international audiences.
We are looking for an experienced researcher who can write, collect and analyse data, help us publish papers and write successful grant applications.
We seek someone who has the following:
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
- Masters-level qualification or significant industry, writing or data analysis experience. PhD preferred
- An affinity for and knowledge of te ao Māori, te Reo Māori and Māori research
- A commitment to the values and goals of Massey and the kaupapa of Te Au Rangahau; and is flexible in terms of what's required and how to achieve tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with journal article/book chapter writing
- Competency in te Reo Maori
- Experience in media and communication
- Experience in research grant writing
- Experience developing materials for industry
- Demonstrated skills in working with interactive websites and developing content
Enquiries can be directed to: Muharram Azizova - Administrator, School of Economics and Finance M.Azizova@massey.ac.nz
Closing date: 28 March 2021
Reference number: MBS_SEF_401_03/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.