Emergency & Critical Care Support Veterinarian
Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Want to learn about emergency & critical care medicine? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a support Veterinarian to join our fantastic after-hours team!
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on personal development – full mentorship by our team as you learn
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – join the family
About the Clinic
Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital is located in Hamilton Central and is integral to Waikato pet owners, offering care outside of regular clinic hours.
As an after-hours practice we see predominantly emergency and critical care cases. Our great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses are passionate about their furry clients, dedicated to providing them with the best possible care.
For more information, please visit: https://wavh.co.nz/about-us/
About the Role
As a qualified Veterinarian you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic team behind any great clinic. However, your day-to-day may be a little different here! We are looking for someone interested in learning about ECC medicine – perhaps you’re newly graduated or want to learn something a little different from your typical daily clinic routine.
- Full mentorship and support – rostered on with experienced Veterinarians as a support role
- Interesting caseload (no nail clips here!)
- Emergency medicine and critical care – previous experience not essential
- Well-equipped practice with full in-house lab, digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT scanner and multi parameter monitoring equipment
This role will be part-time shift work - weekends and public holidays. Flexible for the right candidate.
- Genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- Work well both in a team and independently
- High level of integrity and are interested in continued development
- Good communicator
- You hold relevant qualifications
- Interest in emergency and critical care medicine
What’s on Offer?
- Generous remuneration - commensurate with experience and role type
- Strong focus on personal development with an ongoing focus on your career interests
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – become a member of the family
- Fantastic location
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so rosters are geared with this in mind
- Dynamic & supportive clinic team along with a responsive leadership team
- Access to a wide network of like-minded colleagues across the North Island (and the opportunities that come with such a network)
To express your interest in this role ‘apply now’ via SEEK with your CV and cover letter attached. Any applicants shortlisted will be contacted directly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.