Wellington, New Zealand
Exciting opportunity to join a well-established clinic as the Lead Veterinarian.
PETVET Lower Hutt veterinary clinic is based in Wellington, New Zealand. Lower Hutt is a riverside city and is an outdoor lover’s haven with nature at your doorstep. With the capital city only a 15-minute drive away you can have the best of both worlds! To find out more about this amazing location, please visit ttps://www.newzealand.com/int/lower-hutt/
We moved into a purpose built 400m2 clinic in January 2019 with a spacious ultrasound suite, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one nonsterile theatre. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base from clinics throughout Wellington, the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa.
We offer exceptional veterinary care delivered in the form of:
- An in-house feline medicine specialist, and a referral dental service at our sister clinic.
- Full & Part time Veterinarians experienced in everyday Veterinary care.
- Graduate Veterinarians mentored by our experienced team to ensure sustainability.
- Valued nurses unparalleled in their commitment & expertise.
- A supportive and Efficient Administration team
As we continue to grow, our clinic is looking for an experienced Veterinarian to take on the role of a Lead Veterinarian in a Full-time Capacity.
Work - life balance is important to us! PETVET has no after-hours (and no Sundays) as there is a dedicated after-hours clinic in Wellington. Salary is competitive and we want you to be happy with what we can offer. If leadership is an area of interest, this is a fantastic opportunity to step up into a role and work with a strong team.
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Generous continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand and Australia
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand
- Generous benefits including Health Insurance, Vet Registration and Discounts
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable
What you can offer us:
- BVSc (or its equivalent) and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical experience
- Development of a special interest / skill (imaging, medicine, oncology, surgery etc)
- An interest in leadership (experience is highly beneficial)
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- There is the opportunity to be involved in the Police Dog Breeding Centre whelping service if desired. (with generous remuneration)
For further information, please visit http://www.petvet.net.nz/
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of over 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand.
What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Veterinary Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Please contact Jwan Kattan, Recruitment Team Leader, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Now.
Your application has been successfully submitted.