This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, Part time
Hours: 8.30am- 3.00pm, five rostered days/week, including some weekends
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre, Mangere
What we can offer:
- A fast paced environment
- High surgery work load, primarily routine desexing, with wide scope for soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeries, if interested.
- Well-equipped hospital with digital x-ray (including dental), panoptic ophthalmoscope Mindray M8GI ultrasound, in house diagnostic suite with access to external laboratory.
- Excellent collegial support by the vet team
- High nurse to vet ratio, dedicated animal attendants and volunteers
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported through generous CPD allowance and leave
- Competitive salary package including birthday leave
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a BVSc or equivalent and registered to practice in NZ.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in companion animal medicine, less experience considered.
- Be confident in performing routine surgery and medicine- Be highly adaptable to apply your skills in the shelter setting.
- Be passionate about animal welfare.
- Have a great attitude and be able to work well alongside a large, diverse team.
Please apply now at https://spca.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Veterinarian_-_Part_Time-1040987
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Your application has been successfully submitted.