This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is a permanent, full time role (Mon-Fri, 8am-4.30pm + some weekend work) overseeing our team of Vets, providing leadership & consultative support on vet clinical matters throughout the SPCA Auckland Hospital (Mangere).
What we can offer you:
- Opportunities for ongoing CPD
- Opportunity to work with a devoted team whose values are about reducing suffering and improving the welfare of animals
- Onsite parking
- No late nights & limited weekend work
What we need from you:
- Have min. of 2-3 years' experience
- Eligibility for NZVA membership to practice as Vet in NZ
- Ability to act as a leader within a team & willing to work cooperatively with other departments
- Confident with surgery and medicine
- Excellent communication & customer service skills, & ability to handle conflict
- A friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible approach to hours & be able to prioritise & effectively manage workloads
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Ability to work in fast paced environment & have love for working with people & animals
If you match the above criteria, please apply now at https://spca.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Head_Veterinarian-1039764
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Your application has been successfully submitted.