This job is no longer accepting applications.
ETS on Carlton is seeking a predominantly Companion Animal Veterinarian for a full-time position.
VETS on Carlton is a 4 vet urban practice in a modern, purpose-built, fully equipped clinic in sub-tropical Wanganui.
Our workload is an almost solely small animal but spiced with a few backyard and lifestyle block livestock patients to keep life interesting. Our practice has a strong involvement in Greyhound Sports Medicine and in Canine Reproduction.
After-hours is shared equally on a 1 in 10 Rota with our colleagues at Wanganui Veterinary Services so, while this is primarily a SA position, there is an expectation of some proficiency in Production Animal & Equine after-hours emergencies.
Our ideal applicant would:
- Have two or more years of experience in practice although new or recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Have excellent communication skills and empathy in order to build strong relationships with our clients and with your work colleagues.
- Have a passion for our profession and a “can do” problem-solving attitude.
- Be a team player who is organised and self-motivated, resilient and willing to take themselves to new heights.
- Must be (or be eligible to be) registered with Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
In return we offer:
- A top remuneration package including vehicle, Professional Registration fees, CPD support and assistance with relocation.
- A well-resourced modern clinic with a full in-house lab, ultrasound, CR radiography, endoscopy and more.
- A top team of support staff all of whom are qualified Veterinary Nurses.
- A “family-like” workplace culture and loads of social and collegial support.
- Special interest areas are supported and encouraged.
The Wanganui region has plenty to offer with a friendly, vibrant, and affordable community, access to the great outdoors, and within easy reach of other centres in the North Island.
Your application has been successfully submitted.