Inspectorate Admin Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent full-time role
Hours of work: 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Location: SPCA Rotorua Centre
About the role
This role is an integral part of the SPCA Inspectorate team, providing administrative and field support to teams of Animal Welfare Inspectors who respond to animal welfare complaints throughout the region.
This role assists with data entry, documents, letters and reports, as well as liaising with members of the public, internal and external stakeholders, helping the Inspectorate run efficiently in order to ensure better outcomes for our community's animals.
This is a varied and fast-paced role which will give you the opportunity to utilise, and build on, the skills and experience you have already gained in your career to date.
Most importantly you get to go home each day knowing that your contribution creates a better life for New Zealand’s animals! What’s not to love?
What we can offer you
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people in a supportive team environment.
· An animal friendly environment – yes you will get the opportunity to interact with animals on a regular basis!
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have knowledge of the Animal Welfare Act 1999
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Hold a full, clean driver’s licence
· Have previous experience working in a similar role
· Administrative and data entry experience
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 18 March 2022.
Please note: to be eligible for this position you must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to commencement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.