Veterinary Information Systems Officer
Palmerston North, New Zealand Remote
College of Sciences
Due to Covid-19 and the worldwide pandemic, we are currently only accepting applications from New Zealand citizens, New Zealand residents who are either residing in New Zealand or overseas OR applicants who hold a valid work visa and are currently living in New Zealand.
Massey University's Veterinary Teaching Hospital has the position of Veterinary Information Systems Officer available. The position is full-time for a fixed-term of one year.
We are seeking applications from either qualified veterinary nurses or veterinary technologists with experience or strong interest in patient management and document management systems, reporting software, data processing and other IT related areas, to work primarily in our companion animal hospital, but will also provide support across our farm, equine and wildlife hospitals.
What we can offer
You will be working alongside Veterinary professionals in New Zealand’s only veterinary teaching hospital facility. Massey Vets provides 24/7 emergency critical care for vet clinics throughout the wider Manawatu-Whanganui region. Alongside our community practice, referral clinics and farm, equine and Wildbase hospitals, this leads to a both challenging and extremely rewarding work environment.
Massey’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital is a state-of-the-art, fast-paced facility offering New Zealand's most comprehensive veterinary expertise. We are the only 24-hour pet emergency centre in the central North Island so it is essential that our patient management system, reporting and other IT systems work optimally and integrate well between the various departments.
- The successful applicant will provide high-quality project-based work and technical support as part of the management team of the VTH
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals, who possess excellent communication skills, are self-motivated, super organised and have a passion for IT and education
- You will be expected to work in regular business hours between the hours of 8am and 6pm on either an early or late shift, including some after hours and on-call work
- vet nursing qualification, diploma or above
- certificate in computing (or another demonstrable equivalent)
- minimum one years’ experience with employment in a role relating to patient management systems
- flexibility to work on a rotating roster
- natural empathy toward the cultural, emotional and physical state of our clients, staff and patients alike
- a team player with a positive attitude
- a genuine interest in IT and education
- be eligible to work in NZ.
Enquiries may be directed to Marieke Wijnen, Practice Manager - Companion Animal Hospital by email on M.Wijnen@massey.ac.nz
Closing date: 23 March 2021
Reference number: CS_SVSVTHCAH_350_02/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.