Veterinary Nurse - Surgical/Imaging
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Veterinary Hospital Group
‘Where Pets are Precious’
We are looking for enthusiastic Veterinary Nurses to join our growing surgical team at the Albany Veterinary Hospital, 415 Albany Highway.
The small team, led by Dr Penny Birchall treats patients referred from within our group of 10 clinics Auckland-wide. Patients registered with the Veterinary Hospital Group can be referred for orthopaedic surgeries, soft tissue surgeries, Xrays & ultrasound procedures.
Working from our hub at the Albany branch, this fun, dedicated team work with interesting cases daily.
The positions can be part-time or full-time, our priority is finding nurses who have a passion for anaesthesia & surgery. People who can multitask but also focus when needed. A go with the flow persona & a can-do attitude will impress us as some days throw us a curve-ball!
Experience is appreciated but we are also encouraging applications from new graduate or junior nurses that fit the description listed above as full training can be provided.
Duties will include:
- Preparing patients for anaesthesia (placing i/v catheters, calculating & drawing up medications, surgical-site clipping, organising all materials required etc)
- Monitoring anaesthesia & recovering patients
- Assisting as a scrub nurse when required
- Sterilising & maintaining surgical kits/equipment
- Stock ordering
- Admitting/discharging patients
- Bandaging post-op & at revisit appointments
- Taking xrays
- Assisting with ultrasound
- Communicating with clients & clinics
So if anaesthesia/surgery/imaging is your thing and you're keen to be part of a fabulous team……………………………
Your application has been successfully submitted.