Team Leader - Dog Enrichment Handlers
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Join a progressive award winning professional company
- Work with a dedicated and passionate team
- Turn your love of dogs into a successful career
- Starting rate of $27 per hour
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team based in Lower Hutt. You will be jointly responsible for providing an excellent enriched experience for our guests, by overseeing an effective and professional Canine Handling team. This includes the successful management, supervision, and co-ordinating of our dog handlers. You will work closely with other Team leaders ensuring our doggie guests and team members are reaching their potential.
In this role you will be jointly responsible for:
- Coordinating and planning daily operation of tasks and enrichment activities.
- Supervising, training, and supporting the team.
- Overseeing daily operations of the facility to ensure safety and quality of care of all pets in all areas.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting any issues with the care of the dogs
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Listening to team members’ feedback and resolving issues or conflicts
We’re looking for a capable and experienced professional. As a team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You will be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
This role is a job share working Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:30 being the team leader for one week and then 2 or 3 shifts the following week as a handler, alternating with your counterpart. This being approximately 63 or 72 hours a fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience leading a team and building strong working relationships
- Experience with dog management, including knowledge of and familiarity with animal behaviour and breeds.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability.
- Have strong understanding and practice in positive dog training reinforcement methods
- Have a valid driver’s license and own transportation (we are far from public transport routes)
- Technology literacy – we have highly evolved online systems
- Good physical health (including eyesight), to perform sustained moderately physical work including lifting objects weighing up to 20kg.
- Starting rate of $27 per hour, growth from there depends on expanding experience and capability in the role.
- Our well-established business will provide development opportunities, including the opportunity to hone your skills in a supportive and dog-focussed environment.
- An individual recognition program rewarding great work within our team earns you vouchers of your choice.
- Industry-best training systems available to give you depth within and beyond Waglands.
- Bring your social dog to work, with plenty of benefits for them.
- Review our website www.waglands.co.nz, YouTube videos and Facebook page to gain an understanding of us.
- Ensure your covering letter (with a CV) will convince us that you are the best person to look after our guests and amazing team. HINT – a well written and personalised letter about yourself and why you would like this position means a lot more to us than a CV.
- Apply online, using this link https://apply.workable.com/waglands/j/D9F1861423/
- , to complete our application process. (You may have to copy and paste or manually type the address in - good test of computer skills ;-) )
- Applications via seek or email will not be processed so do please follow the instructions above.
Don't delay your application - the role will close as soon as we meet the right person.
Your application has been successfully submitted.