Experienced Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wigram Vet and the Good Dog Spa is a modern, purpose-built facility, privately owned small animal practice, offering the best of care for our clients and their pets. Our purpose-built pet facility offers a wide range of services, thanks to the vision of a holistic pet welfare approach. The Good Dog Spa offers doggy day care service, grooming and a Canine Rehabilitation Service with an Underwater treadmill.
We are looking for a qualified nurse with a passion for their chosen career and with commitment to building strong relationships with our clients, patients and fellow staff members. The position is full-time, for 30-35 hours per week in the veterinary clinic. We have a dedicated team of 3 veterinarians and qualified full-time and part-time nurses. Great customer service is important as we are still a small team, and you will be involved in all aspects of the clinic from reception and telephone inquiries through to surgical nursing and caring for hospitalised patients.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion for nursing and client relations with a positive attitude and friendly approach
• Knowledge of flea and worm products and an understanding of basic animal nutrition
• Amazing multitasking abilities as you will be covering the reception duties as well as out the back nursing and helping Vets with whatever is needed
• Be able to think on their feet
• An interest in progressing your career into a role that includes more senior clinical and administrative tasks
- Experience and a strong interest in surgical nursing (is preferred) as we complete many orthopaedic and other extensive surgeries.
You will have the opportunity to use and develop your nursing skills: taking and processing blood samples, placing IV catheters, digital x-rays, monitoring anaesthetics, administration and plenty of client contact and reception duties.
We have an in-house laboratory (new machines coming early 2022!), Vet Radar inpatient hospital system, digital radiography, ultrasound, doppler, capnography, endoscopy, fluid therapy and more.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience in general Veterinary nursing/Clinic reception. A current qualification in Veterinary Nursing is required. Apply in the first instance with your CV and referees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.