Foster Coordinator – Feline & Small Animals
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: Tuesday - Saturday 8.00am - 4pm (37.5 hours per week)
Location: SPCA Centre Christchurch
About the role
Your core responsibilities in this role will be:
- To develop, coordinate and maintain sustainable Foster programs at the Christchurch SPCA Centre, with specific emphasis aimed at Feline and Small Animals.
- To work in support with the Team Leader- Foster and Volunteer and Foster Coordinator - Canine and Livestock, to ensure effective, efficient, and consistent running of all Christchurch foster programs.
- Acts as support for all other operational functions of the Centre.
What we can offer you
· Become part of a dynamic team of highly passionate people
· Recruit, manage and work with highly motivated foster parents
· Work with animals by providing care, training, socialization and enrichments
· Become an essential member ensuring that animals can find a new home
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand's animals
· Onsite parking
What we need from you [Skills and Experience]
-Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have proven experience in a customer services focused role and experience in volunteer or staff management/supervision
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication including comfort in presenting to groups
- Have experience and evidence based skills in animal care, handling, behaviour, enrichment and welfare –with specific emphasis on Felines and Small Animals.
- Have good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, foster parents, other stakeholders and suppliers
- Have effective time management skills, organization and planning abilities – with demonstrated skill in creative thinking and problem solving.
- Have the ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Have excellent computer skills
- Ideally have a full, current New Zealand driver's license.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on 28th December 2021.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.