This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 8am-5pm Mon-Fri (weekends as required)
Location: SPCA Wellington Centre
In this role, you will be providing leadership to the veterinary clinic team ensuring professional standards of veterinary care and hygiene are implemented for all animals presented to, and under the care of, the SPCA.
This might be your chance to make an exciting move from Private Practice to Shelter Medicine? You will need to manage the team of SPCA Veterinarians and enjoy making a real difference for the Animals of New Zealand that need our help and care.
What we can offer you
o An amazing opportunity to use your skills in a shelter environment
o To make a real difference for New Zealand's animals
o Work with highly passionate people
o Fabulous work environment
o Onsite free parking
o Incredible work stories
o Attractive salary to work for the leading animal charity in New Zealand
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum of 10 years 'experience as a Qualified Veterinarian
· Senior surgical expertise
· Proven leadership skills you need to be able to support and inspire our Veterinary Team to be the best they can be.
· Proven experience in clinic management, organising operations, duties, budgets etc
· An ability to share your experience and thoughts in group meetings
· Excellent personal communication skills, including face-to-face and on the telephone
· Confidence and experience in handling a wide variety of animals (domestic, un-socialised and wildlife)
· Confidence and experience in making difficult decisions
· Shelter medicine experience (preferred but not essential)
· A sound understanding and empathy with the goals and values of the SPCA
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications for this role close on 15th December 2021.
SPCA strongly encourages all new employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.