This job is no longer accepting applications.
EXPERIENCED VETERINARY NURSE - HAWERA
TARANAKI VETERINARY CENTRE
Great company, vision and culture
Taranaki combines a beautiful rural lifestyle with easy accessibility to city life, pristine beaches and outdoor recreation such as ski fields, native bush, top-class fishing and scenic wonderland Mount Taranaki.
Taranaki Veterinary Centre is one of the largest mixed veterinary practices in New Zealand with clinics in Hawera, Manaia, Stratford and Patea employing 30 veterinarians and 47 support staff.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse for a permanent position. TVC is a progressive business that values its staff and our nurses are an integral part of our small animal team. We focus on providing a challenging and fun workplace and encourage staff development in an environment of support and reward.
We are a very well equipped practice that offers clients a wide range of companion animal services. Our Hawera Branch is well equipped with DR x-ray facilities, a full IDEXX laboratory, anesthetic and surgical equipment, IV pumps, general surgical facilities and good hospital facilities. Hawera operates with five fulltime companion animal vets and ten full time nurses. This is a busy practice with varied and interesting caseloads.
Experience and Must haves:
- A recognised vet nurse qualification (Diploma or BVet Tech Level)
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A good work ethic
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong patient focus, be committed to excellence and professional
- Customer service experience
- Ability to learn
- Show long term commitment Duties Include:
- Pre-surgical checks
- Anesthetic induction and monitoring
- In-house lab tests
- In-Patient monitoring and care
- Nurse consults
- Routine nurse duties
- Availability for on call afterhours service Make a great career move this year and join our dynamic team today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.