Animal Care and Vet Nursing Tutor
Permanent Full Time
Whitireia and WelTec have been strategic partners since 2012, delivering a range of career training choices and vast opportunities for schools, staff and students. Now we’re one of New Zealand’s most impressive, globally competitive tertiary institutions. Together, will lead and illuminate our communities through tertiary education.
We are known for our distinctiveness (Ahureitanga) and we have special relationships with mana whenua WelTec with Te Ātiawa and Whitireia with Ngāti Toa. Together, we are more than the sum of our parts.
Mā tātou, mō tātou Ko WelTec ki Te Ātiawa, ko Whitireia ki Ngāti Toa. E haere kōtui nei me kura-takahi-puni tātou.
Whitireia & WelTec’s vision (Whakakitenga) is:
Learning together. Transforming lives. Te ako ngātahi. Te whakaahua kētanga o te tangata.
WelTec and Whitireia School of Health and Social Services are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled tutor to teach on Veterinary Nursing & Veterinary Technician programmes (Level 5 & 6).
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and knowledge:
- A qualification at level six or above in the area of Veterinary Nursing or Veterinary Science
- Relevant experience in the Animal Care or Veterinary industry
- Experience in teaching and a relevant adult teaching qualification is desirable, but not essential
- An ability to adapt teaching practices to meet the needs of a diverse range of students
- A student-centred focus and skills in relationship building with students
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dedicated teaching team and members of the wider WelTec and Whitireia teams
- Exemplary communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt and problem-solve
The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to the development of teaching and assessment material for the programme and support students with the development of literacy and numeracy skills.
What we can offer you
We know it’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We offer a number of services and benefits to support our staff. When you work with us, we can offer you some of the following benefits:
- Free car parking
- Onsite Café at Whitireia and WelTec campuses
- Rewards and Recognitions programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- A range of wellness initiatives
- Professional Development opportunities
Click on Apply Now and complete the on-line application form. Please note it is important that you complete all sections of the on-line application. For other information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6 December 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.