This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: 40 hours a week roster - Monday to Sunday, between 7.30am and 5.00pm
Location: Based at SPCA Auckland - Mangere
We are currently seeking someone with excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare to join the SPCA Auckland team as a Canine Team Administrator.
This position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like-minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day. Flexibility in regard to days and hours of work is a must, and includes public holidays.
Duties of the role include:
· Coordinating paperwork that is relevant to the Canine Team including training documents, waiting lists for incoming dogs, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Processing of weekly wage entries
· Responsible for all phone and email enquiries relevant to the department
· Responsible for updates to the SPCA adoption website and liaising with Marketing team on adoption material
· Assisting with internal and external complaints
· Using internal database system to ensure all animal clinical notes are accurate and up to date
· Providing a high standard of care to dogs and puppies consistent with the 5 Domains and reflecting current best practice, and ensuring foster carers do the same.
· Working with the Canine staff and other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
To be successful in your application you need to have the following values and skills:
· Previous proven experience in an administration role
· Experience working as an effective and positive team member
· Previous dog handling experience and knowledge preferred
· Good verbal and written communication skills, including report writing, development of written procedures, the delivery of training and presentations.
· Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities.
· Good inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
· Demonstrated problem solving abilities, including conflict resolution.
· Sound computer skills including the use of MS Office applications
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday 17th November 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.