Pet Shop Sales Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Company:
Pet.kiwi is locally owned, and was started by a vet and a team of vet nurses and animal rescue volunteers. Having had many years in the veterinary and pet industries, we wanted to bring new and exciting products into the market and most of all, we want an innovative company that will benefit homeless animals.
Our mission is to run a business that could sustain a free vaccination service for animal rescue shelters in New Zealand, and so far we have vaccinated hundreds of rescued dogs and cats.
We do not stock live animals to sell in our Grey Lynn store, as we believe the shelters are too full of animals needing homes already. Instead, we host adoption days and events to help find homes for rescue animals.
- Work 3 days a week- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (22.5hrs)
- Be able to cover for staff members on sick or annual leave.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Housekeeping: ensuring that all areas, in the store and stockrooms are clean and tidy.
- Assist with the sales process by advising customers on pet products, nutrition and health.
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants.
- Manage point-of-sale processes.
- Keeping up to date with product information.
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments: unpacking and recording deliveries.
- Packaging and labelling of customer online orders to courier.
- Helping the team curate and host Adoption Events in store.
- Following Pet.kiwi’s policies and procedures.
Being a Retail Assistant is about being approachable, knowledgeable and helpful. You’ll need the energy and positive outlook to be at your best while on your feet, helping customers get the very most from their experience at Pet.kiwi. You will be flexible, in the work you do, to help give our customers the best experience we can. Qualities and experience we are looking for include:
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally have knowledge/experience of pet health and welfare (beyond owning pets), or previous pet store experience.
- Ideally have vet nursing, animal care, or behaviour experience or qualifications.
- Proven working experience in retail sales or customer-facing roles.
- Be able to lift packages of up to 20kg (max).
- Basic administration skills are desirable.
- The initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed.
In return, Pet.kiwi provide a flexible and friendly working environment where you can expand your skills and expertise in animal care. Staff will be paid the living wage and receive a big discount on all products.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV
Your application has been successfully submitted.