Multi-talented Customer Service Superstar
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kiwi Valley Farm Park is a 20 acre lifestyle farm based in Henderson Valley, Auckland.
As a well known attraction, both nationally and internationally, Kiwi Valley Farm Park provides a unique service to our customers where they can come to experience life on the farm, first hand, with all the typical New Zealand Farm animals in the fresh country air!
WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE:
- A Nursery Shed where people come in to hold and pat the small and baby animals
- A Maze that is over 1km long to get lost in
- Tractor rides over the farm
- A big farm walk to hand feed our friendly farm animals
- Horse and Pony rides for children and for adults
We are searching for the right candidate to fulfil a UNIQUE ROLE within our Company.
We are looking for ONE Full Time employee to fill either position outlined below (the best candidate for either position option A or position option B, will dictate the position filled) .
POSITION OPTION A: “Front of House/ Farmer" (our preferred position to fill)
This Front of House component will be office based Wednesday to Friday.
You will be responsible for everything Front of House related and customer service related!
- Welcoming and interacting with guests on arrival
- Using the Electronic Till System, Cash handling, Eftpos
- Answering customers enquiries via phone, email, in person and on social media site
- Coordinating booking system for multiple weekly events, completing confirmation, reminder email communication
- Managing accounts through accounting software
- Creating exciting, vibrant and relevant social media content and managing such sites and accounts to a highly professional level
- Professional and effective customer complaint resolution
- Organising content required for upcoming bookings
- Actively participating within our small team to provide regular input into the positive progression of our Company
- Ordering supplies and ensuring are stock levels are well maintained
- Liaising with onsite Cafe Staff and Kindergarten Staff
- Organising, managing volunteers and working with vulnerable populations
- Assisting the Owner with completing a broad range of other tasks as required
The Farmer component of this position will be Saturday and Sunday based
You now will be out on the farm, running and coordinating the bookings (mainly Birthday Parties or Corporate events) and following through the customer service relationship you built whilst making this booking (from working as Front of House) to now undertaking the booking practically.
- Setting up the farm getting it ready for the day (with another Farmer)
- Using a range of machinery - e.g leaf blowers, water blasters, bread mulcher, driving Tractors etc
- Moving animal stock to various paddocks or day pens
- Recognising sick, unwell or injured animals being able to manage their needs or call upon veterinary attention
- Undertaking the birthday party bookings on the day- this is the main focus of your weekend role - providing epic customer service to parents and party-goers throughout their event. Taking the group around to all the various activities and providing an epically fun, well structured and organised birthday party!
- Each day, you could run between 1-4 birthday parties
- You will be BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!
POSITION OPTION B: “Full Time Farmer"
Working the day to day aspects of the farm, alongside a second Farmer. Your role will be customer service, animal health and maintenance, as well as farm maintenance focused
- All of the bullet points of the Farmer component in the above mention, plus
- Well organised, structured and recorded animal health and maintenance regime practice
- Stock management, grazing rotations plans, maintaining records of animal information
- Hand rearing newborn animals
- Liaising with other professional services - Dentists, Vets, other professional services
- Farm maintenance - e.g. continual upkeep and excellent presentation of the property - fencing, lawn mowing, gardening, creating new areas/environments, painting etc
- Providing epic customer service to all guests so that they receive a unique and personalised experience throughout their time with us
- Providing Tractor rides, driving with a trailer carrying customers (all training given)
- Organising and managing volunteers and working with vulnerable populations
- Complaint resolution
- Participating as a positively contributing member of our team to improve and develop the success of our company
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone who can commit to working the days of work Wednesday to Sunday every week
- An ABUNDANCE of experience in customer service
- Someone who is an absolute people person, is friendly, bubbly and has a hugely positive attitude
- A team player but can equally work independently
- Someone who has great attention to details and completes their tasks to an extremely high standard
- Someone who is ready to contribute in a positive manner to assist in the progression or the company
- Someone who holds a FULL NZ Drivers licence
*** Please provide your CV, along with a personalised Cover Letter about why you are the perfect person that we are searching for and your preferred interest in Position Option 1 or 2***
Applications without a personalised Cover Letter will not be progressed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.