Senior Dog Groomer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Dog Den - Takapuna, North Shore - Auckland
We are seeking an experienced Senior Dog Groomer to join our doggy day care team in Takapuna. The Dog Den (TDD) is a family owned business and we aim to provide a premium service to all of our clients. The Dog Den was a finalist in the Westpac Business Awards People's choice in 2021, and has been independently rated as the no.1 ranked doggy daycare in Auckland.
This position is fixed term (maternity cover), 12 month contract, which may lead to a full time permanent position due to business growth.
Applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Providing outstanding dog grooming services in store.
- Coordinating the salon and clients in conjunction with the manager.
- Maintaining breed clip and brand/product knowledge
- Providing professional communication with clients
- Achieving and exceeding sales and targets.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness including inspecting, preparing, cleaning and disinfecting the grooming salon and all grooming tools.
- Bathing, blow-drying, cleaning ears, trimming nails and styling dogs
- Maintaining accurate notes and records for each customer
- Assist with or manage social media posts
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 3+ years previous professional grooming experience and/or qualifications are needed for this role.
- Proven confidence and the capability to handle a variety of dogs.
- Ability to groom a wide range of dogs of varying sizes as per the owners instructions, and at a steady but reasonable pace.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- A positive, can do attitude and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- A willingness to learn
- A passion for pets.
- Must be physically able to work in an environment requiring heaving lifting of stock weighing up to 20kgs.
Why work with us:
- You will have flexible working hours
- Award winning business, that is growing offering new opportunities
- Sustainable zero harm dog care business, following Australian PIA standards
- Family owned and operated
- You can bring your dog to work with you for free
- Discounted retail products for you and your family
- Assistance in your career development
- Great work environment and locatio
You will need to:
- Have a full clean license, some travel may be required
- Pass a criminal check with the department of courts
- Comply with all health and safety procedures
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, BE A TEAM PLAYER!
If this sounds like you then please send a quick email about yourself and a copy of your resume by pressing apply now
Applications close Friday 19 November at 5pm.
We look forward to meeting you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.