Senior Laboratory Technician Haematology Serology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology is New Zealand's leading provider of veterinary diagnostic services operating five laboratories nationwide. This fully equipped diagnostic laboratory performs a range of domestic and export testing, on behalf of private Veterinarians research organisations, government agencies, pharmaceutical companies and zoos. We specialise in providing a rapid, friendly and helpful service to all
We are currently offering an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a permanent, full time Senior Technician based in at our Mosgiel, laboratory. You will be a part of our growing business.
You will be willing to learn new skills, work well alone and as part of a team. Extremely well organised, detail oriented and friendly with a strong focus on quality and customer service. Must be accurate and self-sufficient to succeed in this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in science or Medical Laboratory
- Proven work experience in Haematology / Serology
- Solutions focused with ability to problem solve and adapt under pressure
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to focus on daily work to meet turnaround times
- Ability to absorb, evaluate, and respond to information and ideas in a positive manner
- Continuous improvement mind set and safety and quality conscious
- Highly motivated and driven with professional attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a PC2 level biological containment laboratory desirable
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
The following key tasks will be part of your role:
- Preparation and analysis of samples in accordance with documented procedures
- Reporting results in accordance with quality standards and client requirements
- Ensuring turnaround times are met, whilst maintaining quality and technical standards
- Participation in quality, operational and efficiency improvement opportunities
- KTP status
WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:
To apply for this job go to http://www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.