Casual Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Casual veterinary nurses wanted!
We are seeking casual vet nurses to join our perpetually growing team and help us over the Christmas rush!
Animal Referral Centre (ARC) is a busy, growing, private small animal specialist/emergency practice established in 2016. We are independently owned and operated and have specialists in small animal surgery, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, emergency and critical care, neurology, oncology and cardiology.
Our after hours caseload is varied and interesting, consisting of a mixture of primary access and referral cases from practices in Auckland and beyond. A high proportion of our clients have pet insurance.
We have all the equipment you would expect in a modern referral veterinary hospital including full in-house laboratory suite with Radiometer, multiparameter patient monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, underwater treadmill, mechanical ventilation, on-site CT, and dedicated cat and dog receptions, consulting rooms and wards. We have a receptionist on during the evenings and weekends.
Our successful candidates must have a positive attitude as well as a passion for emergency and critical care (ECC). A veterinary nursing qualification and least 2 years experience as a veterinary nurse is required. Previous emergency nursing experience is an advantage, but not essential.
Why work for ARC?
- Emergency and critical care is a challenging and rewarding field, no two shifts are the same and you will gain experience with a wide variety of cases
- You will have the opportunity to provide outstanding patient care and use your nursing skills – we expect our nurses to perform triage, place IV catheters, take blood samples, take radiographs, etc.
- We have a cohesive, friendly work environment and encourage collaboration between our specialist and emergency teams
- We invest in your development and have motivated, experienced nurses and teachers to help you succeed
- We are passionate about wellbeing for our staff
- Competitive remuneration
Job tasks and responsibilities
- General nursing of referral and emergency patients, including high-dependency cases
- IV and urinary catheter placement; venipuncture and running of laboratory tests
- Monitoring anaesthesia
- Assisting with emergency surgical procedures
- Triage of incoming patients
- Some reception duties, though ARC also has receptionists working evenings and weekends
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a veterinary nurse
- Hold a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology degree (or overseas equivalent)
- Deliver an exceptionally high standard of patient care
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely reliable & willing to work shifts, including weekends & public holidays
- Be a team player
Job benefits and perks
- Wellbeing support such as free counselling services, mental health trained leadership, fresh fruit, free flu vaccines
- A fun work environment with an active social committee!
Your application has been successfully submitted.