Companion Animal Veterinarinan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Closes: Nov 22, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a companion animal veterinarian to join our team. MVS is a privately owned practice with separate equine, dairy and small animal departments situated in the heart of the mighty Waikato.
The MVS small animal team:
You will be joining three other experienced (10 years+) companion animal veterinarians, and six fully qualified NZVNA accredited nurses, who make up a friendly supportive team. A culture of quality service to the client, dedicated care of the patient and teamwork exists in our practice.
The small animal clinic is modern and well equipped with excellent surgical facilities, including but not limited to; an in house IDEXX lab, digital radiography, MyLAB ultrasound machine, endoscopy, an IM3 dental cart and is NZVA Best Practice accredited.
About the role:
- Our busy growing department requires a full-time companion animal veterinarian, we would also consider two part-time veterinarians to cover this position.
- We require a veterinarian comfortable with routine small animal medicine and surgery, with excellent interpersonal skills and committed to providing a high standard of care.
- There is an after-hours component currently shared 1:4, managed to promote work-life balance, with time in lieu after weekend on call. Nurse support on after-hours.
- Ideally we would like someone with two or more years’ experience. However new or recent graduates with exceptional communication skills, and appropriate clinical strengths, are welcome to apply.
What we can offer:
- Competitive renumeration package based on experience and taking into consideration the after-hours component.
- Excellent CPD opportunities and support.
- Opportunity to develop and grow special interests into larger business units.
- Opportunity for involvement in practice management and longer term business interests.
- A caring, supportive, experienced team that works together to provide a high standard of care, with an engaged leadership team.
- A family friendly environment structured to help manage work-life balance.
Matamata is a rapidly growing vibrant town, that has a great community spirit and is very family friendly. With easy access to the outdoors, it is less than an hour to Hamilton, Tauranga and Rotorua, which gives you the best of both worlds with no traffic.
Your application has been successfully submitted.