Senior Veterinary Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wigram Vet and the Good Dog Spa is a modern, purpose-built facility, offering the best of care for our clients and their pets. Our purpose-built pet facility offers a wide range of services, thanks to the vision of a holistic pet welfare approach. The Good Dog Spa offers doggy day care service, grooming and a Canine Rehabilitation Service with an Underwater treadmill.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, warm friendly Vet nurse superstar to join our close-knit team. The position is full-time, up to 40 hours per week in the veterinary clinic. This will include approximately 30-35 hours completing nursing responsibilities and 5-10hours completing general and administrative responsibilities. Great customer service is important as we are still a small team, and you will be involved in all aspects of the clinic from reception and telephone inquiries through to surgical nursing and caring for hospitalized patients.
The successful candidate will have:
- A passion for nursing and client relations with a positive attitude and friendly approach
- Knowledge of flea and worm products and an understanding of basic animal nutrition
- Amazing multitasking abilities as you will be covering the reception duties as well as out the back nursing and helping Vets with whatever is needed
- Be able to think on their feet
- An interest in progressing your career into a role that includes more senior clinical and administrative tasks
You will have the opportunity to use and develop your nursing skills: taking and processing blood samples, placing IV catheters, digital x-rays, monitoring anaesthetics, administration and plenty of client contact and reception duties.
Previous business, administrative or senior nursing experience will be advantageous for this position. However, a good attitude and willingness to learn will also be considered strongly.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience in general Veterinary nursing/Clinic reception. A current qualification in Veterinary Nursing is required.
Apply in the first instance with you CV and referees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.