Animal Attendant and Centre Support
Contract: 2 x Full time permanent roles
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week, either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday.
Location: SPCA Whangarei Centre
We are seeking an Animal Attendant / Centre Support person who can help our Whangarei Centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Animal Attendant / Centre Support deals with general enquiries, adoptions, data entry and taking care of the animals in the SPCA Centre, including feeding, cleaning, administering medication, monitoring animal health and behavior, vet clinic runs, pick up/sorting donated food/items, coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have previous experience working with animals, and ideally hold an animal care or veterinary nursing qualification.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritize and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Have a clean, full drivers licence, be able to drive a manual vehicle and confident driving large transit vans
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 25th October, but may close sooner depending on the volume and calibre of applications received.
Your application has been successfully submitted.