ANIMAL MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Are you an experienced Animal Management Officer wanting to relocate to Whangarei or already live in the North and are ready for a new challenge? We are offering a competitive wage, professional development opportunities and career advancement for the right applicants.
If this sounds like you then we look forward to hearing from you. We are after high calibre applicants with animal management experience, a sound knowledge of the Dog Control Act 1996, excellent communication and report writing skills who has a non-confrontational approach but the ability to be firm in difficult situations.
If becoming a part of a passionate and community focussed animal management team is what you are after, then this is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant.
Applicants will need the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Good overall fitness level and drug free.
- Experience in working with animals; dogs in particular, passionate about animal welfare and confident in dealing with potentially dangerous dogs.
- Display sound judgement and ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Confidently work alone or in a team environment.
- Be willing to comply with company SOP’s and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Display excellent communication skills (written and oral) and can liaise with members of the public, complainants, SPCA, Police, DOC & local Iwi.
- Full New Zealand drivers licence and reliable transportation essential.
- Display Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
- Intermediate computer skills are essential.
- Enjoys working within a tight dedicated team.
- Forward thinker with a solid understanding of legislation.
- Strong investigation & documentation skills.
- Ability to offer educational advice.
Applicants Added Value:
- First Aid certificate.
- Animal handling certification.
Applicants must be 18 years or older and have no criminal convictions which would prevent them from obtaining a Certificate of Approval to work in the security industry under the Private Investigators and Security Guards Act 2010.
This is an incredible opportunity, so don’t hesitate, apply now! Please apply in writing, forwarding your CV and cover letter detailing your background and previous experience to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.