Dog Walker & Animal Carer
Bay Pet Co is looking for a reliable person to carry out Dog Walking, Drop in Visits and Meet N Greets according to times specified by dog owners in Hamilton and Cambridge.
We are a professional Pet Care company and we pride ourselves on providing pet owners with a premium service.
The applicants responsibilities include safely transporting dogs to and from their homes, walking dogs, checking on pets and providing clean water and food as required.
You should also be able to seek immediate veterinarian attention should any dog become sick or injured while under your care.
To be successful, you should be able to walk multiple dogs of various sizes and breeds. The applicant will comply with clients' special requests, and ensure that all animals are treated with love and care.
- Picking up dogs from their home, walking dogs, dropping dogs back off at their homes.
- Walking multiple dogs in various weather conditions.
- Conducting Meet N Greets with new clients and completing required client information
- Carrying out in home Drop in Visits
- Being able to pick up on any signs of pain, injury or sickness of animals in your care
- Regularly recording information specifying which dogs were walked, the duration of the walks, and if there were any unusual or abnormal observations.
- Safely transporting dogs to and from their homes.
- Picking up and disposing of pet waste.
- Ensuring that all animals under your care have fresh water and food as required.
- Taking all necessary precautions to ensure that the dogs or pets and those around them are safe.
- Providing regular updates to clients, which includes sharing photos, videos, and locations within a report.
- Notifying owners if dogs become sick or injured before, during, or after walks.
- Valid, Clean Full NZ driver’s license.
- Common Sense
- Must live in Hamilton or Cambridge.
- Reliable vehicle which is large enough to transport a maximum of 4 large dogs. Vehicle must have air conditioning which works.
- Proven experience working with animals.
- Sound understanding of dog & animal behaviour.
- Available to walk dogs during peak walking times. (8.30am - 2pm).
- The ability to walk for long periods of time.
- Patient, punctual, and reliable.
- Trustworthy and responsible.
- Relevant qualifications are a bonus
If this sounds like you please apply via seek and please include a cover letter and your cv which will include two references.
Your application has been successfully submitted.