Practicing / Senior Practicing Veterinarian - Pet Emergency Centre
College of Sciences
The School of Veterinary Sciences at Massey University, Palmerston North, invites applications for a practising Veterinarian within the Companion Animal Hospital of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
We are seeking applications from Veterinarians, ideally with at least two years of clinical experience in emergency and critical care, to work in our Pet Emergency Centre within our Companion Animal Hospital. This is a part-time position, approximately 22.5 hours per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional, who possesses excellent communication skills, is self-motivated, and has a passion for education. As part of Massey Vets, you will be involved in the teaching of Bachelor of Veterinary Science students.
What we offer
Within our Companion Animal Hospital, you will be working alongside emergency critical care specialists, a range of specialist services, other emergency veterinarians, and interns in New Zealand's only veterinary teaching hospital facility. We provide 24/7 emergency critical care for vet clinics throughout the wider Manawatu-Whanganui region. Alongside our community practice and referral clinics, this leads to a both challenging and extremely rewarding work environment.
The position is based in our emergency service. The main focus is on the delivery of clinical service to clients, support of our rotating interns, and clinical teaching to undergraduate veterinary students. Our AVMA accredited veterinary programme is world-renowned, providing quality, research-led education. The successful applicant will provide high-quality veterinary care as part of a collaborative team of specialists, vets, nurses, interns, and students. You will be part of a rotating roster, involving daytime, evening, and weekend shifts. There are no scheduled overnight shifts, to ensure a good work-life balance. There is the opportunity to work alongside our specialist team during the weekday shifts to improve your skillset in areas of your choice. We encourage ongoing professional development and internal and external opportunities are available.
- You'll need to have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent and be registered (or able to be registered) as a veterinarian in New Zealand
- You'll ideally have at least two years of clinical practice with some emergency and critical care experience
- You have the drive to develop your emergency and critical care skills further
- You have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster
- You are empathetic towards the cultural, emotional, and physical state of our clients and patients alike
- You have a positive attitude and a passion for teamwork, critical care, and client relations
- You have a genuine interest in undergraduate and postgraduate clinical instruction
- You are eligible to work in New Zealand
Check out our Vet Teaching Hospital here: https://bit.ly/38isehV
Enquiries may be directed to Jane Langton Burnell, Veterinary Teaching Hospital Director J.LangtonBurnell@massey.ac.nz
Applications should be made online at http://massey-careers.massey.ac.nz
Closing date: 28 October 2021
Reference number: CS_SVSVTHCAH_1269_10/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Your application has been successfully submitted.