Full time and Part time Vet Nurse positions now available at NSVECC on the North Shore!
Are you wanting to earn a competitive salary and have a change from the daily routine and procedures and have a nursing role that really utilizes your skills that you were trained do?
Then emergency veterinary nursing is for you! It is an exciting and fulfilling role, caring for critical care patients and dealing with emergency situations, if you think this sounds like fun, we want to hear from you!
The North Shore Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (NSVECC) practice is the longest established and highly valued emergency clinic on the North Shore. The practice has state of the art diagnostics, in-house laboratory, blood bank and digital x-rays and much more to handle the most challenging of emergency cases. The best part of all is the clinic is newly refurbished so you get to work in a brand spanking new clinic with a fantastic team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Triage of incoming patients
IV placements, venepuncture and intubation
Assisting in theatre, monitoring anaesthesia
General nursing of patients
Critical care Nursing
You will be working on a flexible rota, working on a rostered basis with 35-40 hours per week which includes evenings, weekends, and night shifts.
- Have a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
- Have a MINIMUM of 1.5 years’ experience post qualification working within a veterinary practice.
- Preferably, be experienced in emergency and/or critical care nursing or be keen to learn new skills.
- Show a high standard of care and communication to our patients and clients.
- Have good communication in the English language.
- Have a positive attitude and care about your fellow team mates
What we offer:
- Competitive salary $50000 to $65000 per annum depending on experience
- NZVNA membership
- Continuing education programme, including access to dedicated ECC training programs
- Homemade baking treats
- Fun environment
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and CV by pressing Apply Now
We currently have a full time vacancy and a part time Veterinary Nurse vacancy available, email me to discuss your availability today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.