Assistant Bee Keeper
Springbank Honey Ltd is looking for some new assistant/trainee beekeepers to join our team for the busy summer period approaching. Operating around 3000 hives locally in the Canterbury region you would be working in some of the most beautiful parts of the South Island.
We are located a small 10 minutes out of Rangiora (30 minutes outside of Christchurch), with our hives located throughout the surrounding areas. Although the primary role of this job will be working out in the field each day, the daily jobs can vary with lots of work in and around the shed throughout the season also. We have a great team environment with a high work rate surrounding all aspects of the job, so are looking for workers who can mirror this type of work ethic. Importantly, as this work involves working closely together, we are looking for a strong worker who can work well both individually and within a team. Over the peak season the average hours of the job are 40-45 hours per week, with possible longer hours and occasional weekend work. This is a seasonal position starting immediately.
Successful applicants require:
- The ability to work flexible hours, especially in the peak season
- To be strong, fit and healthy
- A strong positive work ethic
- Capable of quick learning
- A hard-working attitude with the ability to follow instructions given
- Have a current driver’s license and a reliable form of transport.
- If this sounds like you apply now!
- Applicants for this position are required to have an CURRENT NZ WORK VISA or to be an New Zealand resident.
- Applicants will be asked to provide contact details for at least 2 references from past employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.