Shepherd / Sheep Stud Assistant
Shepherd / Sheep Stud Assistant - Mt Cass Station
Mt Cass Station is a certified organic, mixed Sheep Beef and Cropping property in the Hurunui just 50km north of Christchurch City. Our operation Stretches from the Waipara valley, over Mt Cass and out to the shores of the Pacific Ocean.
We currently run 15000 stock units on 3000 acres including a 1000 Ewe Wiltshire sheep stud and a commercial Sheep and Beef, Breeding and Finishing operation in conjunction with an organic cropping operation.
Due to a company restructure we now have a position available for a shepherd / Stud assistant to join our team and become an integral part of our operation as we grow our stud.
If you have a few years of experience, are keen on genetics, have a can-do attitude and a good sense of humour we are keen to hear from you.
This role involves assisting the Livestock team with the day-to-day operation of the livestock and stud operations, with the ability to step up and work alone when Block managers are away on annual leave. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has recently started out and is looking for the opportunity to learn and contribute to a diverse operation with a lot of moving parts.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· A few years of experience
· An interest in organic farming principles
· An interest in and understanding of animal genetics
· 3 – 4 Dogs under good control
· Tractor driving experience
· Effective communication skills
· The ability to work unsupervised and to a high standard
· A current NZ Driver's license
· The legal right to live and work in NZ
· Experience in or a willingness to learn everything farming
· A good sense of Humour and a positive attitude
The position comes with personal on farm accommodation, a competitive remuneration package and access to hunting on the station.
Your application has been successfully submitted.