This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location: SPCA Timaru
We are seeking a confident and outgoing Animal Attendant who can help our Timaru centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Animal Attendant is responsible for taking care of the animals in the SPCA shelter and boarding facility including feeding, cleaning, administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoption or boarding of animals in person, via phone, email or website, managing adoptions, field pick up of animals and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have previous experience working with animals, and preferably hold an animal care or veterinary nursing qualification. Some flexibility in hours will be required to cover for staff on leave, and weekends, as necessary.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
- Have a clean, full drivers licence.
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday 13th October 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.