Emergency Small Animal Veterinarian
Veterinary Specialists Aotearoa (Sylvia Park Hospital)
Do you thrive on the excitement of an interesting caseload, where you don’t know what is coming in the door next? Or, are you comfortable seeing straightforward cases but looking for an opportunity to advance your knowledge and experience? Are you passionate about working as part of a fantastic team, and being able to provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options as well as excellent care to your patients?
If you like the sound of this, then read on…
One of our much loved A&E veterinarians is leaving us to pursue specialisation, so we are looking for a full-time veterinary team member. With us, you will be providing emergency services from a large referral and emergency hospital in Sylvia Park, central/east Auckland. You will see a wide spectrum of clients, and you’ll have everything you will need to offer an excellent standard of veterinary care – a great workplace culture with like-minded colleagues, lots of toys, and support/consultation from your senior veterinary, specialist and management teams.
Why join our team?
- Your caseload will be varied and interesting with a diverse range of clients - no two days are the same.
- You’ll have a personalised approach to training and your ongoing professional development, with a focus on individual mentorship with access to a great network of specialist skills as well as external CPD when the opportunity arises.
- You’ll receive professional and personal support to become the best veterinarian you can be, with proactive collegial communication and enrolment in the Lincoln Leading Edge and Emerging Leaders programmes.
- You’ll enjoy work life balance with a regular, predictable roster with decent time off to enjoy our beautiful country.
- You’ll get all of these things, and you’ll be paid well for it.
What about you?
- You’ll need to have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent, and be registered (or able to be registered) as a veterinarian in New Zealand.
- You’ll have at least two years of clinical experience; you do not need emergency experience, but you should have a desire to build your skills in the area of emergency work.
- You should enjoy working collaboratively with your hospital team, your clients, and your referring veterinarians to provide excellent clinical care alongside a positive hospital experience for your owners.
If you are looking for the opportunity to step your career up to the next level in a clinic with a fun and supportive culture, we would love to hear from you.
We are actively recruiting for one full-time position, but we do also welcome applications from anyone who is interested in working on a permanent part-time basis in our hospital. Our departing veterinarian is happy to talk with you about the role they are leaving and why they would recommend us as a workplace where you want to apply.
NOTE: You must be able to work legally in New Zealand as a registered veterinarian to apply for this position. We are happy to assist with work visas for the right applicant (although COVID obviously makes this challenging) and relocation assistance is available - just ask!
Visit our website on https://vsahospital.co.nz/emergency and have a tour through our clinic by searching our channel on youtube (Veterinary Specialists Auckland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.