This job is no longer accepting applications.
Contract: Permanent full time
Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday 8am-4pm and Sunday 8am-3.30pm (37 hours per week)
Location: SPCA Christchurch Centre
About the role:
This is a busy role, where no two days will be the same, the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, technologically savvy, energetic, passionate about providing positive welfare outcomes for animals and show a high level of initiative. You will be required to coordinate, maintain and support the SPCA Canterbury Volunteer Programme, and support the Foster and Volunteer Team Leader and Christchurch Animal Care team as required, by ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the Volunteer programme.
What we can offer you:
· Make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· Work with highly passionate people
· Onsite parking
What we need from you:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Customer Service experience required
- Experience in volunteer or staff management or supervisory roles
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, at all levels
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Outlook
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Experience with companion animals is preferable
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and effectively prioritise daily tasks.
- Ability to receive and give appropriate effective advice, input and feedback.
- A commitment to high quality work and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – communicate effectively with customers, volunteers and other employees.
- Demonstrated strengths in accuracy, precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as to work alone.
- Ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability (will include flexibility of hours)
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, multi task and meet expected deadlines
- Ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy
- Is professional and works collaboratively with all members of staff, including Volunteers.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and work in the field which requires physical fitness
Who we are:
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on 4th October 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.