Large Animal Technician
Animal Health Centre Waikato Inc
Our Values: Think Team, Do the right thing, Challenge, Commit and Deliver
Anexa Veterinary Services is one of the largest veterinary businesses, operating 12 Veterinary clinics across the greater Waikato and Hauraki Plains and our internationally recognised research division, Cognosco. We provide services to both diary and drystock farmers and family pets. Each one of our clinics is unique, but at Anexa we are one team.
About the role
Reporting to the Vet Technician Support Manager, you will provide operational support to the clinical services team and co-ordinate with and support technician teams to ensure alignment with business strategic goals, while ensuring the health and welfare of animals. This is an exciting new addition to the team where you join our other Large Animal Technicians and Casual Large Animal Technicians to support our overall Large Animal Technician Strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Treatment of animals on farm directed by Vets and alongside other Technicians including metrichecking and metricuring, non-cycler treatments, blood sampling, milk sampling and teat assessment, youngstock programme administration, Body Condition Scoring and other work as needed by veterinary team.
- Providing a high level of administrative support to our Production Animal Vets and farming clients during increased periods of clinical workloads. Managing cow data records, collating data for investigation support, monitoring farm milk quality data, supporting inventory management, proactively supporting vet/farmer relationships with good communication and consistent messaging.
- Contributing to seasonal work planning
- Liaising with farmers, clinical team, and tech teams.
- Assisting research technician teams
This is a rewarding role where you’ll be an integral part of the implementation of our Large Animal Technician strategy and will be crucial in helping our farmers to improve their animal health results.
This role provides plenty of scope for professional development, as well as the opportunity to really carve out your niche in your Large Animal Tech Career. This will be a coveted role as it doesn’t come up very often.
About the Clinic and the Team:
This role is predominately based in our Morrinsville clinic. Morrinsville clinic is home to Anexa’s support services and is a large mixed animal practice. In your immediate team, you will join three permanent Large Animal Techs who work between our Morrinsville and Gordonton clinics and support Veterinarians and Farmers across the wider Waikato area, our Large Animal Technician Coordinator and Vet Technician Support Manager. You’ll get to work with a variety of people who are all passionate about providing high levels of animal care and exceptional service to our valued clients.
This is a varied role; therefore, you will be someone who thrives on working between different jobs and loves mucking in to get a job done. A Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (BVetTech) or a Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) or equivalent with proven experience in a similar role is required. You’ll be experienced in cattle handling, enjoy working collaboratively in a team and have good attention to detail. You will choose a positive mindset each day and bring your best self to work. You’ll have great communication and organisation skills, efficient work practices and get along with a diverse range of people. You’ll be driven for continuous improvement and be excited to make your mark in the Anexa team.
How to Apply:
We are excited to make your Large Animal Technician career goals become a reality and are looking forward to hearing from you. To apply, please submit a Cover Letter and CV via Trade Me. For further information or for a confidential chat please call Alice Cutler or Liana Kaye on 07 889 5159.
Applications close on 29 September 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.