Veterinary Hospital Group
‘Where Pets are Precious’
We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Nurse to fill a unique vacancy within our surgical team at the Albany Veterinary Hospital, 415 Albany Highway.
The small surgical referral team, led by Dr Penny Birchall treats complex cases especially orthopedics from within our group of 10 clinics Auckland-wide.
Working from our hub at the Albany branch, this fun, dedicated team work with interesting cases daily.
The position can be part-time or full-time, our priority is finding a nurse-superstar (or 2!) who has a passion for anaesthesia & surgery and an awesome attitude!
Duties will include:
- Preparing patients for anaesthesia (placing i/v catheters, calculating & drawing up medications, surgical-site clipping, organising all materials required etc)
- Monitoring anaesthesia & recovering patients
- Assisting as a scrub nurse when required
- Sterilising & maintaining surgical kits/equipment
- Stock ordering
- Admitting/discharging patients
- Bandaging post-op & at revisit appointments
- Taking xrays
- Assisting with ultrasound
- Communicating with clients & clinics
- Managing & taking a share in an overnight on site nurse roster
Veterinary Nurses with 2yrs+ experience are welcomed to apply - if you feel you have particular attributes but less experience we invite you to contact us also!
We have a reception/client care vacancy at our Hobsonville Veterinary Hospital, 403 Hobsonville Rd
This is a full-time position of 32hrs over 5days but more hours could be available for staff holiday/sick cover when needed
This role would suit a Veterinary Nurse or someone with previous experience of working as a receptionist in veterinary clinics
Duties will include:
- Greeting clients & patients
- Handling client queries in clinic or over the phone
- Over the counter sales
- Scheduling appointments
- Processing payments
- General administrative tasks
- Maintaining waiting room cleanliness & order
- Assisting the clinical team under direction when required
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, who is cheerful, welcoming & calm. A real multitasker who is willing to go the extra mile for our wonderful clients and their pets
Computer skills are beneficial although full training of our system will be provided
Our Hobsonville site is a busy, well equipped clinic with 3 vets and 5 nurses/support staff each day. There is never a dull moment!
Come & join the fun!!
Please apply for either position by emailing your CV & cover letter to email@example.com stating which vacancy you are applying for
Your application has been successfully submitted.