We are looking for an experienced Large Animal Veterinarian to join our fantastic team at LIC. Working on our bull farm, based at our head office in Newstead, Hamilton, you'll enjoy a mix of office life and time on the farm keeping our 1000 elite artificial breeding bulls at the top of their game.
This role has the freedom for you to follow your skill set and interests with the opportunity of being involved in LIC's world-leading research and development.
The position will suit you if you would like the opportunity to fully utilise your veterinary skills and challenge yourself in a rewarding and supportive environment. Working with our Principal Vet you will help to maintain the security of our export approved premises and maintain working relationships with industry partners and veterinary bodies. You will provide technical support to our Research and Development team, Diagnostics laboratory, Genemark and Animal health team.
What you can offer us:
- Full New Zealand Veterinary council registration
- 2-3 years large animal experience
- Confidence working with large animals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate
- Passion for the dairy industry
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- NZVC registration, NZVA memberships and insurances.
- Actively encouraged and funded CPD
- No afterhours roster or weekend on call
- Excellent facilities including tip tables and hydraulic crush
- Active social club and facilities
If you would like to know more about the position or even better, come and spend some time on the farm with us, feel free to email me at mailto:email@example.com. Please ensure job applications go through our careers site below.
How to Apply
If you're after a rewarding and social career with people who embrace our company values of Integrity, Innovation, Spirit of Co-Operation, In-tune and Passion, then we would consider ourselves lucky to welcome you on-board.
For more information and to apply, go to our website https://careers.lic.co.nz/home
Job code: 40860
Applications Close: 3 October 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.