Dog Walker / Pet Sitter
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cambridge Critter Care, a professional pet care company, is looking for an experienced, reliable dog walker to join our team.
Previous dog handling experience is essential. This may have been gained from working with another dog walking company, training, day-care or veterinary. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be fit and strong – you will be walking and handling both big and small dogs
- Be trustworthy, punctual, reliable and composed under pressure
- Have exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Be fluent in English with great communication skills
- Must have a current New Zealand driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
Responsibilities and duties
- Knowledge of all breeds, professional experience with handling dogs of all sizes, and walking dogs in various weather conditions and in shared public spaces
- Treat all dogs with love, care and respect. Promptly communicate any wellness issues with owners and seek immediate veterinarian attention for any sick or injured dogs
- Establish positive and long-lasting relationships with clients and their pets, meeting all expectations and special requests
- Safely transport dogs to and from their home, on time and respecting client’s property and security measures. Provide water and treats as required
- Work closely with Cambridge Critter Care to schedule changes to the walking schedule and respond to specific client requests. Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, follow up and be an effective communicator with clients and team members
This is a part time contractor position with dog walking assignments undertaken Monday – Friday between the hours of 8.30am and 3.30pm.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please send your CV detailing your experience with working with dogs to mailto:email@example.com.
Please note that only those with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
Apply online for this role or contact Mandy Purdie for more information.
Job closes in 7 days
Your application has been successfully submitted.