Vet Nurse | Taradale Vet Hospital
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Taradale Vet Hospital is a well-equipped clinic with a team of 5 Veterinarians, 10 Vet Nurses, a Receptionist, and a Team Leader. Our clinic is well equipped - including full in-house laboratory capability (IDEXX), digital radiography, dental x-rays, and ultrasound. A wide range of surgical procedures are performed, including complex soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our busy team at Taradale Vet Hospital on a part-time basis of an average of 24 hours per week.
As a Veterinary Nurse at Taradale Vet Hospital, you will be working alongside experienced Vets and Vet Nurses, covering an interesting and varied caseload! Our Nurses are responsible for surgical admission & preparation, surgical operation, anaesthetics, post-operative care, out-patient care, and client education - including puppy classes and weight management appointments.
The role is incredibly varied and will provide you with enough challenges to help in your development but also in your success as a nurse!
What we are looking for:
- Excellent clinical experience and high standards of care
- Ideally 1-2 years + experience
- Exceptional nursing and customer service skills
- An ability to work efficiently and independently as well as part of a team
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Effective time management and organisational skills
Some of the benefits of joining our community:
- Health insurance discounts and benefits, including subsidised health insurance for private hospital and specialist costs! (After meeting the service provision)
- Incredible training opportunities through our Veterinary Training Centres, free for our team members
- Health and wellness benefits, including an employee assistance program and wellness program
- Personal and leadership development investment, through our Online Training Centre and other leadership programs
- Great discounts of personal pet care, including up to 50% off some nutrition products and unlimited free consults, plus a friends and family discount scheme
- Financial rewards for outstanding performance and living our CARE values
Your application has been successfully submitted.