Establishment Veterinarian (VTS2)
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
- Are you a veterinarian looking for a VTS2 role in the Waikato area within the Bay of Plenty based team?
- Do you want to work as part of a 4 vet team providing rostered verification services to a beef premises and a seasonal bobby premises?
The Team Manager Establishment for Bay of Plenty is looking for a Veterinary Technical Supervisor 2 to join the team and be based at ME84 SFF Te Aroha.
ME84 is a modern 2 shift, 5 day (plus some Saturdays), beef only premises which processes for approximately 8.5 months. During the bobby season the ME84 VTS 2 also provides rostered verification services at the nearby SFF ME100 premises which operates a 7 day, 2 shift operation, at peak time.
You may also be required to relieve at other premises within reasonable travel distance when the roster at ME84 does not utilise all the veterinarians.
The purpose of Verification Services is to provide a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
The role is varied, and you will be expected to do the following
- Communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Complete ante mortem inspections and provide expertise on post-mortem inspection
- Maintain contact within the farming communities by being involved in on farm verifications!
- Provide verification and certification for animal product exports
Mōu - About You
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified and registered Veterinarian
- Have knowledge of the principles and practices associated with HACCP, Quality Assurance systems, Risk Management Systems
- Have strong verbal and written skills, verbal and analytical reasoning skills
- Demonstrate integrity and trust, ethics and values, resilience, adaptability and openness
- Have proven experience persuading and influencing, team work, planning and organising
- Computer literacy – can operate standard and customised software to an acceptable standard e.g. word-processing, excel, internet, email, database, secure sites, electronic certification, residues etc
Mō te peka - About the Branch
Reporting to the Team Manager Establishment Bay of Plenty, the role sits within the Establishment group of the Verification Services directorate. MPI Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: - Benefits of working at MPI
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- 6 weeks of technical training provided!
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
Salary for this role starts from $89,133 per annum and will be dependant on the successful candidates skills and experience.
Whakamātau Whakapōauau me te Waipiro - Drug and Alcohol Screening
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
The closing date is 19th September 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.