Farm Business Consultant/Animal Health Specialist
MilkMap Consulting Limited is a rapidly expanding nationwide business, servicing farmers from Northland to Southland. We specialise in working closely with farmers to assist them in achieving optimum levels of production and to reach their full profit potential.
Our unique farm modelling decision making software tool, MilkMap, is second to none. We are proud of its accuracy to produce a thorough annual plan that allows the biology of the cow to integrate with the reality of cash flow and profitability.
As the leading innovators in New Zealand Dairy Farm Business Consulting, we are entering an exciting new growth phase that requires us to seek a highly motivated Farm Business Consultant to join our existing team.
The primary focus of this role is to further develop our Southland customer base through the use of our unique software and structured approach to the planning, management and monitoring of each individual farm.
Working in conjunction with our experienced Farm Business Consultancy team, you will enable clients to achieve optimum profitability and maximise their return on investment through sound business advice, tailored to the individual needs of our clients.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing new customer relationships in order to capitalise on growth within the target region;
- Developing sound herd plans, feeding strategies and general farm business consultancy for existing and new dairy enterprises;
- Ensuring both new and existing customers experience total satisfaction with our service.
Candidates should possess:
- A relevant tertiary agriculture/veterinary degree (qualified to practice in NZ) with a post graduate qualification preferred;
- A good knowledge of the dairy industry either through study or equivalent practical experience;
- The ability to understand the overall running of a dairy farm;
- The ability to recognise and effectively manage herd health and milk production issues;
- An aptitude for planning and effective time management with the ability to establish systems to support multiple task completion;
- Motivation, a good work ethic and a strong desire to achieve targets;
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels, both written and oral;
- The willingness and passion to commit to helping grow an already successful business in a dynamic and expanding industry;
- Ability to work either unsupervised or remote (limited day to day) supervision.
On offer is an attractive remuneration package, to be based on the successful applicant’s skills and experience, together with the opportunity to receive industry training and ongoing career development.
If you are interested in working for a young progressive company that brings fresh ideas to farming systems, please forward your CV, together with a covering letter, to:
MilkMap Consulting Ltd
PO Box 29
Phone: 0800 662 667 or Email: mailto:email@example.com
Applications for this position close Monday 20 September 2021
Your application has been successfully submitted.