Head Vet Nurse
This job is no longer accepting applications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Vet Nurse to join the dedicated team at Upper Hutt Veterinary Hospital!
Established in 1982, Upper Hutt Veterinary Hospital was the first vet clinic in the Upper Hutt area.
We offer a range of modern services including annual health checks and vaccinations, minor and major surgeries, desexing, dentistry, microchipping, and more. We also have our own range of cutting-edge diagnostic tools such as ultrasound, digital x-ray, electronic blood pressure monitoring and comprehensive laboratory.
At all times our patient’s comfort and wellbeing is the first consideration, that’s why we have separate cat and dog wards in our hospital to make it as stress free as possible for our clients’ beloved pets.
This role covers Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday with 1 in 4 weekends required (short Sunday hours) working 69 hours per fortnight.
- Competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- CPD allowance
- Free access to our purpose-built state-of-the-art training centre
- Staff benefits
- Supportive environment & experienced team of Vets
What we are looking for:
- 3 years’ + experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate qualifications
- Exceptional Nursing skills
- Leadership experience, or a desire to upskill in this area
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to step up and advance your career! The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for high-level patient and client care and can run the day to day in hospital while leading a Nursing team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.