Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Howl's it going?
Tired of chasing the corporate tennis ball? Here's a new game that's sure to keep you barking for more.
We develop and distribute disruptive technology that innovates, automates, and changes the Veterinary market globally. Our customers are global, transacting over 2.5 billion dollars annually through our platform and climbing! That's pretty significant traffic and comes with a fair bit of risk so we've leveraged services like AWS for all they are worth, slapping an ezyVet sticker on top of their tech stack for our cloud infrastructure and tooling.
Our big push now is adding a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who can complement our existing Platform team tackling all things involved with scaling the platform. Your mission? Own the performance and integrity of the ezyVet platform and operational environment that is so critical to our global success. You're part of a small but nimble Platform team so you'll need to be comfortable supporting, monitoring and building out the platform infrastructure, automation and tools that run ezyVet.
In short we’re looking for a SRE focused on scaling and performance, is a keen coder at heart who strives to automate everything possible. Sounds like you doesn't it?? Come join a phenomenal ride as we shake up the global veterinary software space!
Here’s a few projects you’ll be across:
- Containerisation and clustering (Docker, AWS ECS)
- Establish security best practices across the company
- Complex security projects from design through implementation and maintenance
- Search and Reporting (ElasticSearch)
- Implementation/Optimisation of a Caching infrastructure (Redis, Varnish)
- Implementation of Data Warehousing solution (AWS Glue, AWS DMS, S3, Redshift)
- Performance Optimisation (via slow transactions in New Relic)
- Automation pipelines for EVERYTHING (Gitlab CI)
What we think you'll need to nail it:
- Seasoned SME working with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation etc)
- Strong knowledge of security topics - network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, and web server / database security
- Previous Web/Application Development experience
- Proven person of action & delivery focused
- Results orientated
- Strong experience with AWS - EC2 | RDS | Lambda | DynamoDB | ElastiCache (Redis) | ELB
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with container orchestration technology
- Strong attention to detail with relentless follow up
Right, got your tail wagging? Hit us up, there's a truck ton of stuff to solve! Woof Woof!
Your application has been successfully submitted.