Kids Farm Park Superstar
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kiwi Valley Farm Park has an exciting new role available - We are seeking a new 2IC Farmer!
Kiwi Valley Farm Park is a 20 acre farm in Henderson Valley, West Auckland, NZ, which is open to the public.
WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE:
- A Nursery Shed where people come in to hold and pat the small and baby animals
- A Maze that is over 1km long to get lost in
- Tractor rides over the farm
- A big farm walk to hand feed our friendly farm animals
- Horse and Pony rides for children and for adults
We are seeking a mature, well-rounded, animal and people loving individual, who can commit to improving all aspects of our farm park.
YOUR JOB WILL INCLUDE (but not limited…)
*Set up of the farm (cleaning out animal pens, leaf blowing, ensuring everything is 110% presentable for the public etc)
*Handling a variety of small and large breed farm animals
*Dealing with customers, public, small and large group bookings. Providing 110% customer service at ALL times from the moment they walk in the door until they leave
*Educating children and adults on NZ Farming aspects and all our furry friends (would be a massive plus if you are a farm girl/boy with previous experience, or grown up in this environment)
*Operating the tractor and trailer (taking tractor rides)
*Running events such as- Birthday parties, Corporate groups, Kindergarten/School Groups etc.
*Helping to organise our volunteers on the farm delegating them daily jobs
*Animal health and maintenance
*Being an integral team member who participates and works closely with colleagues and management to continually strive to make changes and improvements within all aspects of our company
You MUST have a FULL DRIVER LICENCE before applying.
THE RIGHT PERSON IS....
- Friendly, bubbly, outgoing, confident and loud!
- Has a serious can-do and positive attitude
- LOVES customer service and is an absolute legend with all types of people!
- Has experience with animals, preferably farming, but this can all be taught to the right person....your personality and work ethic is the priority !
- Be physically fit, strong and healthy
- Have epic work ethic and can fit well into a team, as well as work autonomously
- Presents themselves well
- Is able to present areas of our farm to an epically clean, tidy and safe manner at all times
- Has great attention to detail
- Available to work WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY every week.
Hours of this position are 8.00am-5.00pm approx.
These days of work are non-negotiable. Earlier start Wednesday morning (6/6.30am)
Full training will be provided.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to be part of our awesome team, please send a COVER LETTER specific to this role AND your CV through to Crystal, today!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Your application has been successfully submitted.